Development & Marketing Assistant Position
Development & Marketing Assistant – is part-time (28 hours/week, Monday through Thursday, 9:00am to 4:00pm.) The Clearwater Free Clinic is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled individual to be involved in all facets of the Clinic’s fundraising and marketing operations. The Development & Marketing Assistant will be part of a supportive and energetic team of dedicated professionals and will specifically support the needs of the Development Department, which include the Development Director, Grant Manager, Fundraising Chairs and Executive Director. The Marketing & Development Assistant will report to the Director of Development and Marketing.
Located in Clearwater, Florida, the Clearwater Free Clinic is a leading nonprofit organization addressing the medical needs of the low-income uninsured families of Pinellas County by providing them access to comprehensive medical care through volunteerism and community partnerships.
- MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- Create and execute editorial calendars with development team and syndication schedules including blog posts, donor and volunteer email campaigns, social media and monthly press releases
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of Clinic’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- DATA ENTRY AND DONATION PROCESSING
- Assistant is primary point person for updating, adding, purging and maintaining donor, and prospect constituent records in the database.
- Responsible for gift entry process – entering checks, coding donations, printing/scanning letters, tributes and assisting in running reports.
- Process credit card donations in timely manner.
- Assist with creation of donor lists, mailing lists and other gift queries and reports.
- DONOR RELATIONS
- Manage donation and membership acknowledgment process (sending thank you notes and special processing).
- Tracking and reporting on Tribute contributions.
- Assist Director with budget reconciliation.
- MAILINGS & MAIL LIST MAINTENANCE
- Perform database maintenance and clean-up projects to improve data integrity and database performance.
- Perform mail merges and assist with solicitation and other department mailings.
- Post mailings or work with mail house or volunteers to ensure time sensitive delivery of mailings.
- Run monthly membership renewal letters.5. SPECIAL EVENTS (e.g. GOLF TOURNAMENT, MARTINIS AND MATISSE AND GIVING Days)
- Maintain list of current/prospective sponsors
- List events on social calendars and market events on social media, etc.
- Maintain list of event attendees – add/purge to donor database
- Assist with general clerical support for the department and agency as assigned by immediate supervisor and the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; may be substituted by experience.
- At least two years prior administrative experience, preferably in a Fundraising/Development Office.
- Prior experience with eTapestry or other fundraising database preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint) required – must be able to mail merge documents.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
Qualified candidates should forward resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Development/Marketing Assistant” in subject line or mail to: Meg Lokey – Clearwater Free Clinic, 707 N Ft. Harrison Ave, Clearwater FL 33755