Donor Bill of Rights
Clearwater Free Clinic donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, the way the organization intends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organizations governing Board, and to expect the Board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organizations most recent financial statements.
- To be assured that their gifts will be used for the purposes which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.