Please carefully read the Clearwater Free Clinic Patient Responsibilities determined by the Clearwater Free Clinic Board of Directors and staff. In order to provide a professional environment, patients must adhere to these guidelines. These guidelines have been designed to optimize health care outcomes. Failure to comply with the guidelines may result in dismissal from Clinic.
The volunteer clinicians donate their services to the Clearwater Free Clinic, however all patients will be asked and expected to contribute to the Clinic’s operations by providing a donation at each visit/encounter. Please make your Clinic donation a priority.
- Be on time – Please come 15 minutes before scheduled appointments to be processed through intake. If you arrive 15 minutes late you may not be seen.
- Be patient – There may be times when the Clinic is short volunteers and/or the Practitioners run behind schedule. Please arrange your schedules accordingly.
- Everyone will try to get you in and out as quickly as possible. This applies to all appointments and mediation refills.
- Be courteous – The physicians, nurses, pharmacist and clerks are volunteers. They give their time and talent to help. Absolutely no verbal abuse or combative behavior will be tolerated and will result in immediate dismissal.
- Keep all scheduled appointments or call to cancel no less than 2 hours before or be considered a no show. Three no shows is reason for dismissal.
- Provide necessary documentation – We may need to ask for additional financial verification and ask that you comply in a timely manner.
- Be a compliant patient.
- Agree to take all medications prescribed by Practitioner as directed. Not following your medical plan may result in dismissal from the Clinic.
- Refill medications as needed. Due to irregular Clinic hours medications should be refilled one week prior to running out.
- Keep all scheduled referral appointments with physicians, x-rays and procedures – These appointments will not be rescheduled.
We are under no obligation to care for those who do not comply with these principles and or who are disruptive to our operations.